Leah K. Sell Esq.
Leah Sell supports many Pittsburgh start-ups, business owners, employers, property owners and investors in the development and protection of their interests and assets by assisting with the negotiation and drafting of business formations and contracts, employment policies and handbooks and property sales and lease agreements. She also provides aid in a variety of litigation matters.
Before joining the Kisner Law Firm in 2012, she served as a judicial intern for the Honorable Nora Barry Fischer in the U.S. Western District of Pennsylvania.
Leah is a University of Pittsburgh School of Law graduate, where she received top honors in courses in Employment Law and Business Organizations. She served as Senior Managing Editor of the Law Review and as President of the Pitt Law Women's Association, where she coordinated a variety of fundraisers, networking and educational events.
Prior to attending law school, Leah worked for several years with non-profits and private companies, specializing in client relations management. Leah completed her undergraduate degree at Ohio University, graduating cum laude with a degree in Organizational Communication.
A Pittsburgh native, Leah is an Animal Rescue League of Western Pennsylvania supporter, in addition to caring for her own rescues. Leah is the Co-Chair of the Women's Bar Association's Finance Committee and a member of several bar association committees. She also enjoys participating in pro bono activities, such as the Allegheny County Bar Association Young Lawyers Division's Will for Heroes program.
Areas of Practice
- Real Estate
- U.S. District Court Western District of Pennsylvania
- University of Pittsburgh School of Law, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Ohio University
- B.S. Organizational Communication
- Honors: Cum Laude
Honors and Awards
- CALI Award for Excellence in Business Organizations
- CALI Award for Excellence in Employment Law
- Senior Managing Editor of Law Review
- University of Pittsburgh School of Law Community Service Award
- Associate Editor of JURIST
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Women's Bar Association of Western Pennsylvania, Co-Chair of Finance
- Allegheny County Bar Association, Women in Law Division, Young Lawyers Division
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Women in the Profession, Animal Law Committee
- Pitt Law Women’s Association, Past President
Past Employment Positions
- U.S. Western District of Pennsylvania, Honorable Nora Barry Fischer, Judicial Intern
Pro Bono Activities
- Allegheny County Bar Association Young Lawyers Division’s Wills for Heroes Program
- Animal Rescue League of Western Pennsylvania