Sometimes landlords need advice before taking a certain course of action. Landlords have questions like:
- What kinds of things can I retain security deposit amounts for?
- How much should I assess for dirty appliances?
- How long do I have to store a tenant's property after eviction or abandonment?
Tenants face similar complexities concerning their rights and responsibilities. They might have questions such as:
- How do I locate a qualified contractor?
- What recourse do I have against a landlord who didn't return my security deposit?
- What are the penalties for breaking my lease to move to a new area?
For landlords and tenants with questions, a brief phone call can save time and money and help avoid legal disputes.